04 May 2009

Welcome to the Twilight Zone...

...also known as senior week. This is the week in between finals and graduation where we wait in this strange limbo between being college students and real "adults." After sixteen years of stressing and studying, my school days have finally come to an end! True, I might go to grad school in a few years, but for now I can officially consider myself done.

There are a few events planned for seniors this week, but for the most part there's nothing to do but relax. I've been getting a lot of hammock time in this weekend, but I'm gonna get off my lazy butt starting tomorrow... I've got a bit of a renovation project planned. I was out for a bike ride yesterday when I found this beauty lying neglected in a ditch in the middle of nowhere about two miles out of town.

There was a bug-infested seat cover that I ripped off and it needs new brake cables, but other than that it's in fantastic shape. The chain is hardly even rusty! I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it when I found it, but I couldn't just leave it there to rust... As I was steering it home past the lumber company I ended up talking with one of the townies there. Long story short he could really use a bike to get to and from work, so I'm going to get some supplies from the cycling club shed and fix it up for him. Glad to have something to keep me busy this week, and its great to give a little something back to the community before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment