08 May 2009

Its ALIVE!

So after a little over 12 hours of blood, sweat and tears (of frustration)....Frankenbike lives! I see now why somebody left it in a ditch...pretty much everything that could have gone wrong with this bike did. Fortunately between Ava's ingenuity and my determination we ended up getting the job done. I even managed to sand it down and apply a shiny new coat of paint.


I know this looks a whole heck of a lot like the last picture I posted...so here's a list of what's changed:

-Removed broken front and rear derailleurs
-Shortened chain to turn it into a single speed
-New brake cables
-New front brake
-Refurbished rear brake
-New seat
-Fresh paint
-Sweet new name!

I brought it down to the lumber yard today but the guy I was fixing it up for only works nights, so I left it in the office for him. Giving this bike away feels like I'm leaving a little bit of myself here in Farmville. Pretty cool

No comments:

Post a Comment