18 August 2012

Summer in Skagway

View from work
Since getting back from Senegal I've been spending most of my time away from the internet, working and playing and trying to figure out how to readjust to this crazy American life. I'm living in Skagway, Alaska for the summer and working as a zipline guide for Alaska Excursions. I figured I just spent the last two years working for free, I might as well get paid to play for a while. Being surrounded by mountains, lakes and waterfalls makes it tough to sit down in front of a computer screen for very long, so I've been worse at keeping in touch now than I was when I was living on another continent. Sorry for the lack of communication, but its been nice living in the real world for a while and readjusting to the first world lifestyle at my own pace. Hopefully when I get back to the lower 48 this winter I'll almost be socially acceptable again...although what passes for normal in Alaska is probably not quite on par with the rest of the country. Over the next few weeks I'll try and post some pictures of what I've been up to since April, although if the weather stays this nice I can't make any promises!

Our first suspension bridge

View down our longest line

My office

1 comment:

  1. Bah! Fantastic. I don't blame you one bit for running off and adventuring in the woods. Take your sweet time. Just know that when you come back, I want to get together and hear stories so I can drool over your awesome excursions while I've had my nose stuck in books and whatnot. <3

    ReplyDelete