07 July 2010

PCV vs. Wild

Last week while my mom and I were hoeing weeds and preparing a space for a garden we ran across another product of the rainy season...a snake of epic proportions (5 feet long and as thick as my wrist!). There are three really poisonous types of snakes in Senegal, black mambas, adders and sawscale vipers, and since I can't depend on my family for accurate info on what to be afraid of (they think garden toads bite but have no problem with camel spiders) I let my brothers handle it. They beat it to death with a couple of sticks then buried the head and skinned it with a razor blade to make a belt. It was like a real live episode of Man vs. Wild with Bear Grylls, except we didn't roast the snake over an open flame and no one drank their own urine.
Beat it to death...

...chop of the head...

...remove the skin...

...display your trophy!

1 comment:

  1. That. Is. AWESOME!!! lol I love that they turned it into a belt :oD

    ReplyDelete