17 November 2009

I've got FRIENDS...

...and camalots and hexes and stoppers, OH MY!

I know I moved down here to try and make/save a little money before the Peace Corps, but when I saw 2 trad racks and some ice climbing gear come up on craigslist it was too good of a deal to turn down.

Here's just a sampling of the new goodies I have to play with:

2 - Grivel Rambo Ice tools with Hammer & Adze (1 bent & 1 straight shafts)
2 - Stubai Ice Ice tools with Hammer & Adze (+ spares)
1 - Pair Black Diamond Saber Tooth Dual Front Point adjustable Crampons
1 - Pair Grivel Rambo Dual Front Point adjustable Crampons
1 - Black Diamond (BD) Spectra Quick Place Ice Piton
12 - Black Diamond Quick Draws
2 - Trad Racks, w/ 2 sets BD Wire Stoppers, 8 SMC Friends / Camming devices, 8 Wild Things Hex Chocks, 6 Nautilus Chock Stoppers, 1 BD ATC & 1 Stitch Plate Belay Devices
12 - Assorthed Ice Screws & Ice Pitons

On top of that I've got 3 ropes, 2 pairs of shoes, some harnesses, a helmet and a whole bunch of biners and runners. A couple of the stoppers and one of the cams need to be retired, and the hexes need new cord, but other than that everything is in good working order. I had it checked out buy a guy at REI just for peace of mind and he agreed that it was a great find. Now, if only the weather would stay warm long enough for me to get some good use out of this stuff before the winter that would be splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment