26 November 2009

Giving Thanks

Last Thanksgiving I cooked dinner for my parents at my apartment in Farmville. I spent about a week shopping, going over recipes and putting together a cooking schedule. It was a pretty big meal, but my favorite part was making bread from scratch and having it with apple butter from the Amish at the farmers market.

Last year I spent 4 hours cooking... this year I spent 4 hours driving. Due to a schedule change I had to work from 6pm-2am last night, so as soon as I finished my shift I drove straight up to New Jersey. I got home around 6am and went straight to the Turkey Row to watch my mom race. By the time I squeezed in a nap I had been awake for 24 hours! It was definitely worth the drive to get to come home and relax for a few days. At first I was pretty bummed about having to work the extra day, but really I'm thankful for the opportunity to work, especially in this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment