24 September 2009

Sew...a needle pulling thread

My mom tried to teach me to sew when I was younger, but I just didn't have the patience for it back then. Now that I'm older and (slightly) more patient, I figured it was time to give it another go. I'd love to make my own clothes someday, but I decided it was best to start with something a little simpler, so I've got enough different kinds of fabric to make 8 copies of what my friend Jess calls my "hippie bag." Being a perfectionist means it takes me about 10x longer to make it than it would your average sweatshop worker, but the idea of owning something not manufactured in China or India is worth it. I'm taking this one down to DC with me tonight as a present for Regina, but keep it on the down low...its a surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment