14 January 2010

Eagle Creek Thinks I'm a Pro

I'll be the first to admit I'm a tad bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to being organized. That being said, I've been worrying about how I'm going to pack all of my stuff for the Peace Corps in just two bags without it becoming one big jumbled mess.

Enter Eagle Creek. They make a fabulous range of travel gear and accessories that I fell in love with ever since I bought one of their cubes for my trip to Chile last year. Unfortunately in my semi-employed state I could hardly afford to outfit myself with such finery at retail price, so on a whim I decided to try and apply for a pro-deal. Without really expecting much, I filled out the form and wrote them this note:

I am a Peace Corps volunteer leaving for Senegal in March to work as an Environmental Extension Agent. I need to pack enough to survive for two years into one bag (the second bag is full of climbing gear). I sure could use your help! Whats in it for you, you ask? Some day I'm going to have my own adventure fitness business. You know, take people climbing, backpacking, kyaking etc instead of going to the gym. Since the cube I bought from you guys last year is still in bomber condition I'll definitely still be using all of your stuff at that time so all of my clients will see it! That and the warm fuzzy feeling you'll get from helping a neat freak bring some semblance of order to a hut in the middle of Africa with no running water or electricity. Sounds like a win-win to me.

I know, not very professional sounding...but I figured it might at least get someone's attention. Apparently it worked because they approved me for a pro deal and now I can organize to my hearts content without breaking the bank! So in keeping with my "professional" duties, for what it's worth I highly recommend you check out their website before your next big adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment