10 June 2009

I Have a Job!

A few weeks ago I was searching online for gyms in my area when I ran across New York Sports Clubs in Freehold. I didn't know if they were hiring, but I went through with the online application just in case. Turns out I applied just as their previous Fitness Services Manager was leaving and I was encouraged to go ahead and interview for that position, which I did. I had a feeling I wasn't quite qualified for it being just out of college, but Dr. Roy told us all to apply for at least one job we thought was unattainable so I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I didn't end up getting the position (which was expected), but they did offer me a personal training job which is what I was originally hoping for anyway.

To be honest I'm glad things worked out the way they did...I don't know if I would be quite comfortable being in a management position at this point in my career. I've got orientation on the 16th and I'll start working shortly after that. I've changed my volunteer times with Rein Dancer to Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings so hopefully the two schedules won't conflict. I'm really excited to get back into the fitness world and start personal training again. Working for NYSC is going to be a bit different than training for Longwood...I've got a certain amount of floor hours and I've got to recruit my own clients and do a certain amount of training sessions each quarter. I think I might even get to teach some group fitness classes, which will be great! I'm looking forward to getting some really good experience out of this position as well as making some much needed income. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. good luck! that's awesome!! teach like dancing with the 80s and wear a leotard, neon leggings, and a side ponytail! :)

    you are SO going to do a great job!! let me know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete