02 March 2009

I'm drunk on snowflakes!


What is it about snow that turns even the most dignified college seniors into 5 year olds? We got about 6 inches of snow yesterday which is enough to shut down an entire town here in Virginia. All classes were canceled today because the roads were still not cleared, so I did the only thing a responsible college student with a paper due in less than 24 hours would do...I drove up to the mountains with Tim to go snowboarding! I blew my entire paycheck from last month on the lift ticket and the rental but it was absolutely worth it. We only got to spend about 4 hours on the slopes but it's probably for the best since I haven't been snowboarding in over a year and I'm bound to be sore tomorrow.


Since I haven't seen snow like this here in VA since my freshman year I decided to put off my homework a little longer and I walked a few miles on the rails-to-trails path behind my apartment. That section is technically not open to the public yet so I was the only person down there and I got to make the first footprints in some fresh snow! Great way to end a snow day.



The university is closed until noon again tomorrow, which is great because my car is currently stranded on a large patch of black ice in the middle of a rather steep hill so I have no way of getting to class. Apparently just because the roads are cleared does not mean the parking lots are suitable to drive in. Until the ice thaws my car can't go forward or backward...only sideways...so I guess I'll be walking for the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment